Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on tractor and trailer units to Company and DOT standards, as well as inventory controls and processing order paperwork
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- The position requires a technical school certification or dvanced degree in diesel engines, electronics, and or related field, minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in medium to heavy duty truck repair.
- High School Diploma or vocational training
- Have a valid drivers license
- Demonstrate diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
- Use effective time management techniques and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi task without negatively impacting performance or results.
- The ability to demonstrate successful welding skills in non- related situations and on varying materials is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and the desire to build lasting relationships.
- Implement appropriate safety guidelines
- Outgoing and ability to develop good interpersonal communication with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Keep an accurate log of all work performed
- Provide routine inspections of vehicles
- Ability to maintain and clean company vehicles